Pages

08 April 2010

True/False Film Festival

I apologize for the delay in posting about the amazingness that was the True/False Film Festival this year. I've become film festival volunteer enthusiast to a)meet international filmmakers and film followers b)give back to my community and c)get into films for FREE! The growing popularity of this festival over the past few years astounds me. But it's really no surprise that the liberal and grassroots scene in Columbia, Missouri can pull off something this huge! There were over 600 volunteers alone and thousands of national and internationals flocked to Columbia via Airport and Interstate 70 to view a plethora of interesting documentaries. In addition to volunteering at the merchandise table, I was able to screen 5 films. My favorite among all of them was British in Bed. Another that got rave reviews, although I was unable to see it, was Gasland. For those who missed the fest, I suggest renting the documentary DVDs at 9th Street Video or vowing to be at a T/F 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment