Pages

10 December 2008

Goodbye to Columbia




This is my last full week and weekend in Columbia for a long time. It's astounding how much I'm going to miss this town. I'll miss the great indie/foreign films at the RagTag including the annual True/False film festival. I'll miss the inspirational speakers hosted by the University. All the delicious and nutritious local hole-in-the-wall restaurants. I'll even miss the smelly and hairy hippies that hang out there! Most of all, I'm going to miss it's random seasonal events that celebrate each season of the year. Luckily I was able to make it to the annual Living Window Festival last weekend. This is where each store has a live x-mas scene in their window for two hours on a Friday night. Jon and I enjoyed free hot chocolate, roasted chestnuts, and cider. Santa was in the bank greeting children and Journalism students swarmed around the action (as usual). 
When I came to visit Mizzou with my parents 3 years ago for the transfer-student orientation, we were lucky enough to stumble upon this cute tradition. Ever since, I always make a point to be there and remember the time when I fell in love with Columbia. Happy 3 year anniversary, Columbia. I will miss you!

3 comments:

  1. awwwww! what a sweet valentine to a town that will always have a bit of your heart. it will wait, traditions intact, for your return and final year/graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad that you love columbia so much!

    I can't wait to go with you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. the comment above is from jon...he used my computer when it was signed on as me.

    ReplyDelete