Pages

19 November 2008

I still have emotions?

Tonight at the study abroad meeting the question came up "What do you still need to do to prepare emotionally before going abroad."
What? They care about our feelings?! I've been so overwhelmed with endless paperwork, lists, and the french bureaucratic system that I haven't even thought about preparing emotionally. 
I've said goodbye to my family 2 times before but only for a few weeks at a time. I've been away from my boyfriend but not in different countries. On the other hand, I have said goodbye to my home in Texas and established a life thousands of miles from my family (not on purpose, of course). I'd say I'm fairly independent for a 20 year old. 
Does that mean I'm emotionally prepared? NO! 
My life is about to change drastically and I anticipate experiencing all ups and downs of the "W" curve. I just need to get to the point where I'm less stressed out and more able to think about how I actually feel about everything.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how that makes me feel?!?! I'm sad that you're going away but the best part is you'll be coming back! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete